Left hand drive to right hand drive conversion
Iconic Euro-American Imports Only Deal With Industry Leaders Who Have Been Using The Australian Governments Preferred Method of RHD Conversions
Iconic Euro-American Imports have partnered with Performax International to complete all our LHD To RHD conversions. Performax have been in the RHD conversion business since 1989, Performax International uses the Australian Governments preferred method of RHD conversions and are the largest independent converter of left to right hand drive vehicles. Performax uses the highest technical standards, with industry-first technology such as 3D prototyping to ensure factory-original standards of fit, finish and drivability.
The Conversion Process
In addition to the manufacturing work, there is the engineering element. Everything fitted to your vehicle has been factory produced to fit and function correctly, nothing is hand made. Our dedicated team of professionals take care of all the Government compliance approvals, and necessary paperwork to enable the vehicle to be prepared for registration in any State of Australia *
Upon entering the Performax Factory your vehicle will undergo a complete transformation; it will be stripped back to almost a bare shell and then reassembled using the finest materials and workmanship.
The conversion process involves:
• A full strip down of the body and steering components.
• Modifications to the firewall to allow fitment of the brake booster/steering column and pedals to the right hand side.
• A brand new moulded right hand drive dashboard, a new wiper cowl to allow the wipers to sweep to the right, and a new windscreen where required.
• Modifications made to the wiring harnesses, air-conditioning and heating to work for RHD including dual zone where fitted, and all new ducting where necessary to allow correct airflow.
• Head up display (where fitted) trip computers.
• Power window switches, power seats, memories, lumbar and mirrors changed to function correctly.
• Changes to taillights, reflectors, indicators and headlights where necessary, airbags and safety devices set up to function correctly, new tyres fitted where required, and many more items to retain the factory original look.